As a not-for-profit organisation established through local donations, we aim to build a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and accountability to the communities we serve.
Care and Support Staff
We aim to provide the highest quality personal care – and in this we will rely on building a staff team of caring and skilled individuals. This includes ongoing training and professional development, as well as career progression opportunities.
As part of our commitment to quality, NEDCare insists on adequate visit lengths for carers, with no personal care visits of under 45 minutes.
NEDCare will pay travel time and costs between visits and is committed to ensuring the best possible terms and conditions for staff as the company grows.
We are looking for staff to fulfil a number of roles, including;
• Carers: Pay rates from £8.11 and £11.05 / hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. Plus sick pay, holiday pay, pension and other benefits.
Providing a range of personal care support for individuals in their own homes can provide immense job satisfaction. Carers enjoy the privilege of building trusting relationships with older people needing support in their own homes. They enjoy the challenge of providing each client with a bespoke service that meets their needs, respects their preferences and promotes the independence of individuals with dignity and compassion.
This important role brings challenges as well as rewards. Carers need patience, compassion and an ability to listen well, so they can support clients to stay in touch with the things that really matter to them, even on difficult days.
• Senior Carers: Pay rates from £9.61 to 11.05 / hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. Plus sick pay, holiday pay, pension and other benefits.
As above but with additional duties, which may be around co-ordination of local area teams to support rota management or supporting other carers in their professional development, through on the job learning.
• Support Workers: Not providing personal care but supporting individuals at home, e.g., with cooking or housework and support for trips out, such as for shopping, GP visits or social trips. Pay rates between £7.82 and £9, depending upon experience. Benefits included.
We are a flexible employer and can offer working hours to suit successful applicants. These include;
• Regular hours each day / week. (This can include anything from hour long visits to longer shifts throughout the day.)
• Bank and ad/hoc support staff.
• Respite care and sleeping/waking nights.
• Core staff, who are flexible and can commit to covering as required in case of sickness or holidays.
Please call the office if you would like an informal chat prior to making an application.