Salary NJC Scale 6, £24,313 – £25,801 pro rata
Hours: 20-25 hours a week (0.53-0.66 FTE)
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 29th November
Interviews: 11th & 12th December
You can also download printable versions of the Job Description and Person Descriptions HERE.
NEDCare CIC is an inspiring example of how communities can develop vital new care services to support people in areas of need. As a not for profit and community owned organisation, NEDCare has built an excellent reputation for providing high quality and responsive care at home services across the beautiful area of North East Dartmoor.
Our staff say that NEDCare is great to work for because we always put the people we support at the heart of what we do. They also say that they get truly excellent support from our the team manager, which really makes a difference. Our clients say that our fantastic team provides a service that is second to none.
Based in the Moretonhampstead Hospital, NEDCare enjoys close working relationships with our NHS colleagues on the Community Nursing, Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation teams, which also helps us to ensure responsive and timely services for the people we support.
Following two years of growth we have created the exciting new post of Deputy Manager to play a key role in taking NEDCare through the next phase of development and continuous improvement. Working closely with the Registered Manager, the postholder will enjoy a fast paced and varied role in which they can really make a difference in supporting people in later life to live well at home.
- To support the Registered Manager in maintaining operational oversight of NEDCare services and to play a key role in ensuring that NEDcare is continually improving the service we provide.
- To support the team in delivering the highest quality home care to adults requiring support in north east Dartmoor.
- To liaise with clients, their representatives and advocates to maintain high quality, person centered services that are tailored to individuals.
- To maintain and develop Quality Assurance processes and systems, with the aim of achieving an ‘outstanding’ rating at CQC inspection.
Job Description and Person Specification
JOB TITLE: Deputy Manager
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Registered Manager
HOURS: 20-25 hours a week (0.53-0.66 FTE)
SALARY: NJC Scale 6, £24,313 – £25,801, pro rata.
Main Purpose of role:
- To support the Registered Manager in maintaining operational oversight of NEDCare services and to play a key role in ensuring that NEDCare is continually improving the service we provide.
- To work within the regulatory framework of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- To assist the Registered Manager in delivering the highest quality home care to adults requiring support in north east Dartmoor.
In all areas listed below the Deputy Manager would be expected to assist and support the Registered Manager
- Maintenance of accurate care plans, risk assessments, medication records and any other documents that ensure we provide safe, effective, responsive and caring services.
- Liaison with clients, their representatives and advocates to maintain high quality, person centered services that are tailored to individuals.
- Liaison with other professionals (GP’s, District Nursing team, Occupational Therapy team etc) to improve outcomes for individuals.
- Responding to matters arising including concerns, complaints and safeguarding issues.
- Covering during manager absence / holiday periods.
- Ensuring safe service delivery through proactive planning and appropriate responses to incidents.
- To support rostering of care visits, maintaining and updating the care management system as required.
- Promoting the ethos and values of NEDCare and leading by example.
- Ensuring the effective running of the service out-of-hours when on-call
- Promote a nurturing, supportive and developmental approach to individual staff members.
- To maintain a visible and supportive management presence for the care team.
- To support staff management and supervision.
- To assist the Registered Manager with managing performance issues when required
- To provide administrative support for recruitment and HR functions and to assist with NEDCare recruitment processes.
- To help track, analyse and record staff training / professional development and to develop training schedules for individual team members and whole team activities.
- To help source and co-ordinate required training (externally and in-house).
- To work collaboratively with partners and other agencies where possible to keep costs low.
- To support the induction of new staff and supporting them to complete the Care Certificate.
- To support and/or deliver appropriate training sessions and updates as required – guided by the Registered Manager and other in-house trainers.
- To support the Registered Manager to maintain continual improvements through a structured quality assurance process.
- To seek and analyse feedback and identify actions arising.
- To assist in the ongoing maintenance of the Service Improvement Plan and work with colleagues to implement the plan on an ongoing basis.
- Review policies and procedures and make agreed updates as required.
- To attend courses, seminars, forums and conferences to update knowledge and skill and disseminate to staff.
- Read around and research subjects to improve own and others’ knowledge.
- To work with the Registered Manager to ensure that the service is adequately prepared for CQC inspection.
- Maintain own knowledge of Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and KLOEs
- Complete any statutory notifications when required.
- Ensure that records required by the CQC are compiled and retained safely.
- To support NEDCare events, activities, promotions and recruitment activities.
- To contribute to strategic planning, management meetings and team meetings.
|Qualities and Knowledge||How Assessed||Essential or Desirable|
|1||Experienced carer with skills and knowledge gained in a regulated care setting.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|2||Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in health or social care.||Application||Desirable|
|3||An understanding and knowledge of the regulatory framework for social care and/or willingness to undertake CPD to gain a through working knowledge.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|4||Willingness to develop management skills through appropriate vocational training qualification if required||Application and Interview||Desirable|
|5||Experience and evidence of working positively within a team and of supporting colleagues through guidance, mentoring and training.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|6||A warm, person centred and respectful approach to providing emotional and practical support to colleagues and clients.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|7||Ability to work confidently on own initiative and within a team, and to work positively and collaboratively with colleagues, service users and their families, professionals, stakeholders and the wider community.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|8||Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to listen sensitively to others. Ability to produce high quality written reports within deadlines.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|9||Proficient IT skills, ability to use a computerised record keeping system and to learn new software.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|10||Creative and innovative attitude to working in a challenging sector and geographical area||Application and Interview||Desirable|
|11||Good eye for detail and proven ability to produce accurate and well-presented work at a professional standard||Application and Interview||Essential|
|12||Ability to work with people sensitively and to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|13||Willingness to participate in an on-call rota and work flexible hours and duties to meet the needs of the service.||Application and Interview||Essential|
|14||Full driving licence and willing to drive to locations across the NE Dartmoor area||Application and Interview||Essential|